I’ve pulled over for a pit stop and to review where I’ve been, what’s ahead and a thought I had about uncrossable bridges.
- I’ve travelled 7 of the 15 states that Route 95 passes through.
- The miles covered in each:
- Florida 382
- Georgia 112
- South Carolina 200
- North Carolina 182
- Virginia 285
- Maryland 109
- Delaware 23
- Total Miles Covered 1293
- The entire journey is 1920 miles
- 67% of the miles have been completed yet I’ve been to less than half the states.
- Miles Remaining 627
- Total Uncrossable Bridges: 3
Fuller Warren Bridge, Jacksonville, FL
Francis Scott Key Bridge, Baltimore, MD
Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge, Port Deposit, MD
- Questionably Uncrossable Bridges: 1
Woodrow Wilson Bridge, VA-DC-MD
- The 8 states to come are:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- New Hampshire
I truly thought there’d be more uncrossable bridges. When I got to the Millard E. Tydings Bridge in Maryland I became concerned that I may have too quickly dismissed some of the flat bridges on the southern part of the trip and said they were crossable.
Having actually been over the Tydings bridge I knew it was one long, flat bridge I wouldn’t drive over. So, I’ll have to go back and take a closer look at some of those bridges.
If you’ve travelled I-95 and are familiar with some of the longer, flat bridges, let me know.
Time to get back on the road……