Today, the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City turns 134 years old. The bridge opened in 1883 and connects Brooklyn and Manhattan.
I have no desire to walk or drive over any bridge anywhere except one. One day, I’d very much like to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. While I could easily go give it a try, my prediction is I’d only make it a few steps onto the bridge. Mentally, I’m just not there.
In the meantime, if you’re interested in learning about or visiting the bridge, here’s some reading for you.
- Information for planning a walk across the bridge
- Brooklyn Bridge on TripAdvisor
- 10 Things You May Not Know About the Brooklyn Bridge from the History Channel
- Brooklyn Bridge article from the History Channel
- About Brooklyn Bridge Park